Saturday, December 21, 2013

Guess I'll Just Keep Ramblin'

It's been a while, so I suppose it's time to ramble a bit.  Here's what I've been up to:

#1: Portfolios are hard, let's go shopping!  I've been putting together this Behance portfolio for a while now.  The paintings were easy-ish (to post, not to paint!), but I have so many photos it's been a challenge to pick out reasonably representative shots and organize them into sensible projects.  I'm coming up on "ready to post" so stay tuned for a giant addition of photos to said portfolio!

#2: Cleaning the studio.  My studio has been a complete mess.  For years.  And years. But thanks to prodding from my girlfriend, I finally got around to getting rid of a decade-old computer (and the desk it occupied!), giving me a ton of extra room.  The goal is to eventually fill said space with a rack for placing wet canvases (or canvai, if you like the faux-Latin-plural) – how fancy!  Anyway, removing all that junk led to an all-out clean-a-thon, and now I have a nice, spacious studio!  Behold!


And from the other corner!


That's right.  This is where the magic happens.

#3: Making presents for people.  There's a pretty extensive list of people to whom I owe paintings.  I've decided to try to get caught up with that.  I'll try to split painting time 50/50 between "owed" paintings, and personal projects.  Right now I'm working on a small set of miniatures for someone who shall remain nameless so as to not spoil the surprise!  Next up: a zany cartoon inspired piece, a big ol' aminal [sic], and a magical plant of magic!

#4: Beer Snobbery.  What?!  Don't question my inspiration!



Mmmm.... Fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment